You can count on us to support you in all questions around mastering.
Some of your questions should be answered here already.
Why is Milian Mastering the studio of my choice?
- Milian Mastering offers an enormous gain in quality for your productions. With us, your tracks will sound beautifully balanced, more powerful and overall classier. – In your studio, on HiFi-Systems, on your iPod, on grandma’s kitchen radio, in your car and on the club-PA.
- As for online mastering, communication is often missed out. Not with us. You may communicate your individual sound conceptions and we’ll realise them!
- Our mastering monitors reveal important details in your mix that remain unheard on “producer’s speakers”.
- We bring in an objective set of ears and discover flaws in your mix that will otherwise remain hidden.
- Benefit from professional expertise and years of extensive mastering experience.
- Benefit from the sound of highend mastering gear.
How do I prepare my mix for optimal mastering results?
- Please switch off dithering and noise shaping. Do not apply any effects on your stereo sum (no limiter, compressor, EQ or the like).
- The stereo sum must not clip or distort. We therefore recommend that you leave at least 2-3 dB headroom in your mix. In other words: the peak level should – at no point – exceed – 3dBfs.
Which file formats are accepted and in which format will I receive my master?
- We accept .wav and .aiff files with a resolution/sampling rate of at least 16bit/44,1kHz or higher.
- For optimal results we recommend 24bit/96kHz.
- You will receive a password-protected zip file via download link.
- Optionally, we’ll provide you with a DDP image or a Master-CD.
- You will also be granted a licence for our DDP Player software which let’s you approve your DDP image.
How do I transfer you my files?
- Thanks to the dropbox link located in the sidebar of our website, data transfer is as easy to operate as possible.
- We will supply you with FTP access, in case you prefer data transfer via FTP.
- Alternatively, you can post us your files to: Milian Mastering / Jenfelder Allee 80 / D- 22039 Hamburg.
Which payment methods are accepted?
- As a new customer, just let us know your address data. You will then receive an invoice which you can pay via bank transfer, paypal or credit card.